Church of Prince William's Parrish, known as Sheldon Church. Located 6 miles south of Yemassee, SC. Built between 1745 & 1755. Burned by the British Army in 1779. Rebuilt 1826. Burned by the Federal Army in 1865. Dismantled by local freedmen ca. 1865-1867. Lots of old tombs and graves on site. Interesting place to visit.
December 18th, 2014
Viewed 4,400 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/08/2023 at 3:31 PM