Located in Greenville County off Pleasant Hill Road near Gowansville. This bridge, built in 1909, is the last extant covered bridge in SC. Built by Charles Irwin Willis (1878-1966), it was named for Alexander Lafayette Campbell (1836-1920), who owned and operated a grist mill here for many years. Measuring 35 feet long and 12 feet wide, it is an excellent example of a four-span Howe truss, featuring diagonal timbers and vertical iron rods.
January 19th, 2014
Viewed 4,446 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 12/09/2023 at 6:02 AM